This is the first of two courses that comprise Algebra Readiness. In this course, the student will be introduced to basic algebraic principles. The student will review properties of expressions and integers. The student will solve one-step equations and inequalities with positive and negative integers, decimals, fractions, and exponents. Then the student will explore problems involving operations of fractions and will apply his knowledge of algebra to solve real-world ratio, proportion, and percent problems. Finally, the student will examine and evaluate two-step and multi-step equations and inequalities.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly