In this course the student will learn about anatomical structures and physiology of the human body. Body systems are discussed in terms of how each participates in homeostasis of the body. Students learn about selected major pathologies, including causes, symptoms, diagnostic procedures, and treatments, as well as common changes that occur through the life span. By the end of the course the student will be able to Describe the organization of the human body Explain the contribution that each body system makes to homeostasis of the body Identify the major anatomical structures and the purposes of each body system Explain the basic physiological processes in each of the body systems Describe selected human diseases in terms of definition, cause, signs and symptoms, diagnostic procedures Describe common issues or changes that occur in each body system throughout the lifespan
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly