AP Calculus BC, semester B is an extension of Calculus AB. Comparable to college and university calculus, this course will help prepare students for the Calculus BC Advanced Placement exam. The course emphasizes broad concepts and applicable methods. In the second half of the course, the student will explore differential equations, employ analytic geometry to interpret polar, vector, parametric and planar curves, and study polynomial approximations and series. The course provides opportunities for the student to apply concepts to real-world situations.
Students should successfully complete AP Calculus BC A prior to enrolling. A TI-83+ or TI-84+ graphing calculator is required for this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly