This course will help the student navigate through the ACT's Online Test Preparation Web site, access two full ACT practice tests, and learn the necessary skills in order to take the ACT test. This course also includes several lessons on other critical aspects of preparing for college, including developing a college resume, writing effective personal essays, and requesting letters of recommendation. This course is intended to prepare the student to take the ACT test. As the student works through the course, he will focus on learning more about his strengths and weaknesses as well as learn test-taking strategies that are specific to the ACT test. That way, when the student takes the actual test, the scores will be a good representation of the student's abilities. Finally, the student will submit a Personal Improvement Plan, which will reflect the areas for improvement that the student has identified throughout this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly