This course will help the student navigate through the ACT's Online Test Preparation Web site, access two full ACT practice tests, and learn the necessary skills in order to take the ACT test. This course also includes several lessons on other critical aspects of preparing for college, including developing a college resume, writing effective personal essays, and requesting letters of recommendation. This course is intended to prepare the student to take the ACT test. As the student works through the course, he will focus on learning more about his strengths and weaknesses as well as learn test-taking strategies that are specific to the ACT test. That way, when the student takes the actual test, the scores will be a good representation of the student's abilities. Finally, the student will submit a Personal Improvement Plan, which will reflect the areas for improvement that the student has identified throughout this course.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly