This is the second of two courses that comprise Consumer Math. In this course, students will continue to learn how to make good financial decisions. Retailers, banks, and credit card companies may not provide consumers with all the information they need to make good decisions. By the end of this course, the student will differentiate between secured and unsecured debt, learn how to create a budget, examine a credit report, and discover the best way to increase income and decrease expenses. This course will provide the student with the skills to make good financial decisions.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly