This credit recovery course is the first of two that comprise Algebra 1. In this course, the student will gain a foundational understanding of the real number system, expressions, equations, and inequalities. The student will be taught to solve simple and multi-step equations and inequalities and represent those solutions graphically. In addition, students will explore linear or nonlinear functions and represent those functions on the coordinate plane. Finally, the student will solve systems of equations and inequalities and represent those solutions graphically. Throughout the course, problem solving, critical thinking, and real-world application of mathematical concepts will be required.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly