This credit recovery course is the second part of a two-part sequence covering Algebra 1. The student will use his knowledge of real number operations, expressions, equations, inequalities, and functions to solve algebra concepts. This course will introduce the student to exponents and use those exponent rules to solve exponential functions. The student will learn how to identify and solve polynomial equations using a variety of methods including factoring. The student will also learn how to work with quadratic functions and equations and represent both of those on a coordinate plane. Students will work with and solve both radical and rational expressions and equations. Finally, the student will be introduced to statistics and learn to how use data to apply to probability problems in theory in and real-world scenarios. Throughout the course, problem solving, critical thinking, and real-world application of mathematical concepts will be required.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly