In this first semester of credit recovery Algebra 2, the student will review and expand on his learning from Algebra 1. The beginning units will focus mostly on the equation and the inequality. The student will write, solve, and graph these in a variety of real-world scenarios. The last few units will focus on types of functions. The student will continue his study of quadratic and radical functions from Algebra 1, but will expand this to include exponential and logarithmic functions. As before, the student will write, solve, and graph these functions. Use of a graphing calculator is encouraged.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly