The goal of credit recovery physics is to describe the physical world using a small number of basic assumptions, concepts, and equations. In this course, emphasis is placed on relating physics to the everyday world. The student will learn the characteristics of waves and describe the behavior of waves with emphasis on light and sound. The student will understand the relationship between electricity and magnetism. Finally, the student will gain a simple understanding of atomic physics. Approximately 40 percent of the course involves virtual laboratory investigations. Some activities will require ordinary household items such as rulers, meter sticks, balls or marbles, string, paper, and pencils. Physics B focuses on waves, in particular sound and light. Then the course moves to understanding electricity and magnetism and the relationship between the two. It concludes with a basic exploration of atomic physics.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly