This is the second of two courses that comprise credit recovery Pre-Algebra. In this course, the student will explore basic algebraic principles. The student will examine and evaluate two-step and multi-step equations and inequalities and then explore and use graphs to solve linear relations and functions. Next, the student will be introduced to basic concepts of geometry including angle relationships, parallel lines, polygons, circles, and transformations. Next, the student will apply their knowledge of geometry and algebra to solve area and volume problems. Then, the student will explore nonlinear functions and polynomials. Finally, the students will examine properties of right triangles, data analysis, and probability.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly