Students progress to more sophisticated work in this course, including the use of electronic media and software to apply academic concepts in the creation of meaningful organizers, projects and presentations. Students locate, retrieve and evaluate data in order to construct and analyze databases. Students produce presentations on Internet safety, online predators, and cyberbullying. At the end of the course, students become effective communicators and collaborators as they plan, evaluate and synthesize research emphasizing current issues with technology.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly