Elementary Spanish II enables the student to further develop the communicative skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing of Spanish at a more advanced level. The units are designed to develop the student’s knowledge of Spanish language and culture through familiar topics such as my school, my clothes, and my community. Culture is presented throughout the course to help the student make connections between his culture and the culture of people in the Spanish-speaking world.
This is a specialty course that may have a teaching assistant assigned to it in addition to your student’s homeroom teacher. This allows your school to provide the most comprehensive set of courses possible for your student while still ensuring that all instruction is delivered by qualified teachers in a manner that complies with your state’s education rules and regulations.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly