This is the first of two courses that comprise Explorations in Mathematics. This course is designed to provide the student with a solid mathematics foundation. The student will explore properties of rational numbers including divisibility patterns, prime factorization, greatest common factor, and least common multiple. The student will add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers. Then, the student will identify and solve expressions and equations using variables. Finally, the student will use properties, including the Associative Property, Commutative Property, and Distributive Property, to solve and simplify equations.
This is a high school course; which prepares students for Pre-Algebra.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly