This is the second of two courses that comprise Explorations in Mathematics. This course is designed to provide the student with a solid mathematics foundation. The student will be introduced to the properties of equality to solve one-step and multi-step equations. Then, the student will explore absolute value and how to compare values using absolute value. The student will examine the applications of one-step and multiple step equations. Finally, the student will be introduced to probability and statistics concepts including direct and inverse variation, mean, median, mode, counting principle, permutations, and combinations.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly