French III B is a continuation of the first two and a half years of French instruction. The student will continue to sharpen his listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills through a variety of activities. This course is organized into five topics: health, home, measurement, professions, and my history. The student will learn to express himself using an ever-increasing vocabulary, verbs in various tenses, articles, and adjectives. The student will review all verb tenses, including present tense, past tense, future tense, conditional tense, the passive voice, imperative verbs, and more. The student will learn to use two-object pronouns and review grammar from previous French instruction. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind. Elements of the French-speaking world and culture appear throughout the course, including people, geographical locations, and histories. The student will also learn about the various countries where French is spoken.
French III A is a prerequisite for this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly