French IV A continues to build on the skills the student has mastered in his previous French courses. The student will continue to sharpen his listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills through a variety of activities. Throughout the five topics in the course, the student will learn to express himself using an ever-increasing vocabulary, present-tense verbs, past-tense verbs, future-tense verbs, conditional-tense verbs, subjunctive mood, articles, and adjectives. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind. The course is rich in authentic reading material and native-speaker recordings and presentations to enrich culture, grammar, and vocabulary presentations. Elements of the French-speaking world and culture appear throughout the course, including people, geographical locations, and histories.
Students should successfully complete French III prior to enrolling in this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly