We live in a technologically-advanced world where virtual reality and video games play a major role in our daily lives. Have you ever thought about designing your own video game? By signing up for Game Design II, the student will learn the skills needed to conceptualize, design, and fully create his very own video game. Explore various video game software and hardware, sharpen coding skills, learn about game storylines, player progression, and algorithmic decision making. Also, the student will learn to analyze player goals, actions, rewards, and challenges, among many other game play components, as well as utilize 21st century skills of creativity, critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and technical expertise. When the student signs up for Game Design II, he is putting himself at the forefront of a future in technology.
Students should have completed Game Design I A/B before taking this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly