German II A is an intermediate level course that will introduce the student to a variety of areas of language learning. In this course, the student will continue to learn listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills through a variety of activities. Throughout the five units, or themes, of material (daily routine, animals, pastimes, the body, and descriptions), the student will learn to express himself using an ever-increasing vocabulary, past-tense verbs, demonstrative articles, and adjectives. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind. Culture is presented throughout the course to help the learner focus on the German-speaking world, people, geographical locations, and histories.
Students should successfully complete German I A and I B prior to enrolling in this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly