German III A is a continuation of the first two years of German instruction. In this course, the student will continue to learn and practice successful communication through speaking, writing, reading, and listening. Throughout the five units, or themes, of material (Die GefÜhle, Der Verkehr, Bei der Arbeit, Land und Leute, and Die Zukunft), the student will learn to express himself using an ever-increasing vocabulary, present-tense verbs, articles, and adjectives. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind. Culture is presented throughout the course to help the learner focus on the German-speaking world, people, geographical locations, and histories.
Students should successfully complete German II A and II B prior to enrolling in this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly