Honors Chemistry B is the second of two courses that comprise Honors Chemistry. This course consists of rigorous curriculum that provides students the opportunity to deeply explore concepts, engage in independent research, perform hands-on and virtual lab experiments, and complete interdisciplinary problem-solving activities. Throughout the course the student will analyze the nature of solids, liquids, and gases, investigate the properties of solutions, describe and calculate the energies of different types of reactions, begin to explore electrochemistry, and continue to examine the fundamental concepts of nuclear and organic chemistry. The course provides many opportunities for the student to apply these concepts to real-world situations.
It is recommended that students complete a standard Algebra course and the first half of an advanced Chemistry course before enrolling in this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly