This course is the second of two that comprise Honors Geometry. In this course, the student will expand his knowledge of geometric relationships. The student will begin by developing relationships between similar figures before learning how to apply them to transformation. Next, the student will be introduced to the trigonometric relationships in right triangles, and the area and volume of figures. Finally, the student will explore characteristics of circles. Throughout the course, the student will be introduced to many higher mathematical concepts and applications.
Honors Geometry A is a prerequisite for this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly