This is the second of two courses that comprise Honors Physical Science. The course consists of rigorous curriculum that provides the student the opportunity to deeply explore physics concepts so that he may confidently enter and complete formal honors physics high school courses. The course extends the student's prior knowledge of motion, force, work, power, energy, wave mechanics, electricity, magnetism, and the electromagnetic spectrum. In addition, the course includes a unit that focuses on earth science content. Honors Physical Science B includes hands-on explorations and virtual simulations to enhance the student's comprehension of key concepts.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly