In this course, the student will explore business in global society, learning terminology, concepts, systems, strategies, and current issues. Topics include the business environment, ethics, entrepreneurship and global business, management, marketing, production, information systems, and financial elements. By the end of the course, the student will be able to Describe the key components of the contemporary U.S. and international business environment Describe the role of ethics and social responsibility in the business environment Examine how businesses can be organized and structured Analyze the various functions of and approaches to management Examine the key strategies, tools, and issues involved in business operations Develop a business plan incorporating business concepts, systems, and strategies
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly