As our amazing planet continues to change over time, it becomes increasingly more apparent how human activity has made environmental impacts. In the marine science course, you will delve deep into Earth's bodies of water and study geologic structures and how they impact the oceans. You will investigate characteristics of various populations, patterns of distribution of life in our aquatic systems, and ongoing changes occurring everyday in our precious ecosystems. You will be amazed and enlightened at just how much our oceans and lakes affect climate, weather, and seasonal variations. You will have the opportunity to explore the relationships among living organisms and see how they are affected by our oceans currents, tides, and waves. Hold on, it is one amazing journey.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly