In this course, the student will explore concepts in geometry including identifying and describing the properties of geometric figures, as well as the relationships that exist between them. The student will find perimeter, area, and volume of two-dimensional figures and extend measurement skills to determine surface area and volume of three-dimensional figures. Next, the student will use tables, graphs, formulas, and functions to identify and extend number patterns. The student will graph linear and nonlinear relationships, identify slope, and explore translations. In the study of statistics, the student will create, analyze, and interpret different data displays. At the end of the course, the student will study probability and explore dependent events, compound events, and combinations.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly