Throughout this course, the student will engage in group and individual learning activities using a consumable textbook and intelligent, adaptive software as the basis for content. The student will learn to analyze transformations in the coordinate plane, including translations, reflections, rotations, and dilations. The student will then use dilations to investigate proportionality and similar figures. The student will explore linear relationships using multiple representations, including tables, graphs, and equations. Finally, the student will use patterns to infer functional relationships and apply properties of functions to solve problems in real-world contexts.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly