Throughout this course, the student will engage in group and individual learning activities using a consumable textbook and intelligent, adaptive software as the basis for content. The student will use lines of best fit to analyze patterns in bivariate data and draw conclusions. The student will learn to write equations to represent real-world scenarios and use inverse operations to solve the equations. The student will explore multiple methods of solving a system of equations and learn how to select the best method of solving each system. The student will learn about the real number system and categorize all types of real numbers. The student will also use the Pythagorean Theorem, exponents, and scientific notation to solve problems. Finally, the student will learn to find the volume of a curved figure, including cylinders, cones, and spheres.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly