Math K B continues to introduce the student to math and mathematical thinking. The Calvert series textbook, Calvert Math, and the Practice and Enrichment Workbook are the primary resources for this course. The student will engage in hands-on learning as he or she studies measurement and fractions. The student will learn to write numbers and count through 31, and will also learn to add and subtract through stories. Additionally, the student will have the chance to explore topics such as probability and skip counting to help prepare for next years math. Throughout the course, the student is given the opportunity to apply the skills learned in different ways. Problem solving activities are found in each unit.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly