Through this course the student will discover the wonders of science through hands-on experiences, virtual labs, and interactive activities. The student will develop science inquiry skills such as planning and conducting investigations, organizing and analyzing data, and drawing conclusions. Particular emphasis will be on making observations. Included in the course are the student’s first experiences with the engineering design process. The student will have opportunities to brainstorm and design solutions for simple engineering problems. With the support of Pearson Realize videos, digital interactives, and readers, the student will develop content and conceptual knowledge across a number of scientific topics in earth science, physical science, and life science. Crosscutting concepts such as recognizing and understanding patterns will be integrated throughout the course.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly