In this course, the student will explore the nature of science and how to solve problems, as well as investigate living and nonliving things. The student will learn how to study the surrounding world by observing, collaborating, and sharing with others. Using illustrations and labels, the student will identify the steps used to solve problems and use these steps to plan, design, and test a solution to a problem. Finally, the student will examine, describe, compare, and analyze the characteristics of living and nonliving things in order to complete portfolio assessments.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly