This Social Studies course focuses on the study of five unique geographic regions of the United States: the Northeast, the Southeast, the Midwest, the Southwest, and the West. The course text is Scott Foresman's -Regions-. In this course, the student will explore each region in depth in order to understand the distinctive features of the regions, as well as the common threads that unite the country. The student will explore the people, land, and events that shaped the history of each region. Short stories, biographies, poetry, case studies, songs, and other resources emphasize the role of the individual in the community, as well as the concept of change over time. Multimedia resources, including Teachlet® tutorials, videos, and interactive websites, enhance and support the content. The student will learn geographic concepts such as place, location, and human interaction with the environment. Geography skills lessons are incorporated throughout the course. Objectives derived from Pearson Education programs © Pearson Education, Inc., or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly