This course offers a broad survey of world history from the beginnings of civilization to the earliest river valley civilizations in Africa and Asia. The course examines world political, economic, geographic, and social history from a hybrid regional and chronological point of view. Throughout the course, the student will make connections between geography, politics, and economics, and their impact on world events and the human progress. The student will enhance his social studies skills by completing activities that teach analysis of primary and secondary sources, reading graphs and maps, organizing information, and more. Lessons are designed to develop the student’s ability to read, question, analyze, interpret, and evaluate different forms of information. Pearson’s MyWorld Interactive World History provides the basis for instruction.
Connections Education LLC dba Pearson Virtual Schools USA, its schools and affiliates use information technology as a means of providing equality of opportunity to the greatest number of people, including people with disabilities. Connections aims to create a culture of accessibility through education. Connections is committed to working with the schools it supports in developing accessible websites and other electronic information to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Students have 24-hour assistance in LMS and technical support.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly