On to another adventure! In Spanish 3, the student will meet and accompany four teens of Hispanic backgrounds as they learn about and travel to several Spanish-speaking countries. In this course, the student will have many opportunities to use the Spanish the student already knows as well as opportunities to expand vocabulary, knowledge of grammar, and experiences with Spanish-speaking countries. The purpose of this course is to provide the student with many experiences where the student can use Spanish. Completely immersed in Spanish, the student will speak, listen, read, write, and collaborate with other students in this course. The student will also gain knowledge and perspectives about Spanish-speaking countries from Spanish-speaking people.Course ObjectivesApply advanced grammar forms such as subjunctive mood, the perfect tenses, and idiomatic expressions appropriately Interpret, discuss, and write about the features and culture of various Spanish speaking countries Identify, read and write about features of Spanish literature, art, and culture
Spanish IIIA is a prerequisite for this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly