In this second semester course, the student continues to study the vocabulary, method, and meaning in the statistics, which exist in the world around them. This is an applied course in which students actively construct their own understanding of the methods, interpretation, communication, and application of statistics. All topics, including inferences, probability distributions, means, confidence intervals, and significance tests, are framed by enduring understandings and essential questions designed to allow the student a deep understanding of the concepts at hand rather than by memorization and emulation. The TI-83+/84 OR 89 calculator and computers will be used to explore the world of data and the patterns which can be found by analyzing this information as well as statistical relationships.
Student should successfully complete a HS level Algebra prior to enrolling. A TI-83+ or TI-84+ graphing calculator is required for this course.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Virtual education teacher verifies participation 1 to 3 times weekly