Semester A: During the first semester students will build fluency with basic math facts and add and subtract within 100 to solve word problems using strategic methods. Students will also manipulate numbers to 1000 using knowledge of hundreds, tens, and ones. Lastly, students with demonstrate arrays with repeated addition. Semester B: During the second semester students will use place value to add and subtract within 1000. They will use place value to estimate and solve word problems to demonstrate skills. Students will measure and compare length and represent it on a number line. They will work with money and time to compare value. Students will collect data and represented on graphs to discuss it. Lastly, they will recognize common 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional shapes by specific characteristics
Tutoring/help w/ district coach and/or other district educators, Text to speech K-12, Canvas Accessibility checker, Language tool for ELL, Accommodations and modifications to students with IEPS and 504s
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- A student is expected to meet progress requirements for the course weekly (flexibility- for example: student can choose to complete weekly progress for a course earlier in the week)