Social Studies and History
Fremont County School District #25
Fremont County School District 25 Virtual Education Program
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Wyoming standards alignment available from the district upon request
Hathaway Success Course: No
Self-paced. Aligns with FCSD #25 school calendar.
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Aug 23, 2022 - May 26, 2023
Available for Purchase:
The MS Ancient World History course presents a cohesive and comprehensive overview of ancient world history. This year-long course covers ancient peoples, cultures, civilizations, and innovations through approximately 300 CE. Students are introduced to historical inquiry skills for application to studies of ancient civilizations. Students explore physical and human geography to explain how ancient people interacted with the environment and understand how civilizations developed. Students study early economies and how trade relations affected culture and language. In later lessons, students examine how early forms of government and technology have had a lasting influence on modern civilization. Throughout the course, students analyze maps and primary sources to identify patterns and make connections across time and space. Students are exposed to diverse cultures and learn to explore the past with historical empathy. Students encounter rigorous reading and writing activities for a variety of purposes. These activities allow students to develop literacy and writing skills as well as critical thinking and communication skills.
Acceptance into Spur Virtual Academy
A computer (or similar device) and access to high speed internet.
Spur Virtual Academy uses the Edgenuity program for students in grades 6-12 and VLNPartners for students in grades K-5. Both platforms wantall users to have equal access to the information and functionality of the learning materials and are committed to making their educational resources and websites accessible to individuals with disabilities and to meet appropriate standards includingWeb Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0at Conformance Level AA.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Percentage of coursework completed. Completion of weekly steps.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Teachers will verify one or more of the following as course participation: 60 or more active minutes for the course recorded in the LMS,weekly coursework submitted for the course in the LMS, recommended weekly steps completed for the course in the LMS, 3% progress completed for the course recorded in the LMS, attendance at a synchronous session for the course recorded by the teacher of record.