This course examines the role and responsibilities of a personal trainer. Students will learn the steps to become a personal trainer, including performing fitness assessments, designing safe and effective workouts, and proper nutrition principles. Concepts of communication and motivation will be discussed, as well as exercise modifications and adaptations for special populations. Students will also examine certification requirements, business and marketing procedures, and concerns about liability and ethics. In addition, throughout the course students will be able to explore various exercises, equipment, and tools that can be used for successful personal training. *This course is recommended for grades 10ñ12. Concepts in Fitness is a recommended prerequisite to this course
Internet access, Computer, paper, pencil, household items, and appropriate text.
Pacing of the content is set. The course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Attendance verified weekly by teacher.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Participation time will be recorded by weekly attendance and or cumulative progress.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-100 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Some form of weekly communication between student/parent and teacher via phone, zoom, email or in person.