Transportation and Tours for the Traveler is a semester-long course where students learn about todayís package tour industry, travel industry professionals, and package tour customers. Students find out who tour operators must work with to create travel products and what kinds of decisions they must make in terms of meals, lodging, attractions, and, of course, transportation. Finally, students learn about how technology, world events, and increased environmental awareness are affecting the travel industry today. Students focus on the different components that go into creating a tour to get a sense of what working for a tour operator entails as well as what other careers are available in the tour industry.
Internet access, Computer, paper, pencil, household items, and appropriate text.
Pacing of the content is set. The course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Attendance verified weekly by teacher.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Participation time will be recorded by weekly attendance and or cumulative progress.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-100 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Some form of weekly communication between student/parent and teacher via phone, zoom, email or in person.