This course includes all Geometry content as well as additional material that is accelerated and more in-depth.Students will study and demonstrate knowledge of measurement in data including center and spread, data representations, probability, inferences about populations from samples, tools and techniques of geometric measurement including formal mathematical arguments, geometric measurements, relationships between lines and angles, right triangle trigonometry, measurement in congruent and similar figures including transformations, congruent figures, similar figures, and geometry of circles, measurement in two- and three-dimensions including area and volume. Algebraic topics are enhanced through geometric topics and applications.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.