Please give a concise description of this course including the purpose and what students will demonstrate and/or gain from this course. Physical Science is designed for high school students needing an entry-level science course covering basic concepts found in chemistry and physics. Topics included in this study are: Matter, motion and force, work and energy, electricity and magnetism, and waves.
Internet access, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experiments
Pacing of the content is set and the course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student may ask for one on one time for tutoring and this time would be documented.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.