Algebra II is a high school math course intended for the student who has successfully completed the prerequisite course Algebra I. This course focuses on algebraic techniques and methods in order to develop student understanding of advanced number theory, concepts involving linear, quadratic and polynomial functions, and pre-calculus theories. This course also integrates geometric concepts and skills throughout the units, as well as introducing students to basic trigonometric identities and problem solving.
Internet acces, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experimentsComputer, Scratch paper/notebook, Graphing calculator.
Pacing of the content is set and the course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student may ask for one on one time for tutoring and this time would be documented.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.