Natrona County School District #1
Natrona Virtual Learning
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Hathaway Success Course: No
M T W TH 8
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Sep 04, 2018 - Jun 06, 2019
Available for Purchase:
This course introduces the basics of American Sign Language (ASL) and i s designed for students who have little or no previous knowledge of ASL. Readiness for learning will be approached via visual-gestural communication techniques, visual discrimination, and visual memory exercises. ASL questions, commands, and other simple sentence structures are introduced to develop rudimentary conversational skills i n ASL. Information about the Deaf Community and Deaf Culture will be introduced. Prerequisite: None
Internet acces, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experiments
DISTRICT DEVELOPED CANVAS IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE CURRICULUM AND SUBMIT ASSIGNMENTS.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student may ask for one on one time for tutoring and this time would be documented.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 100-180 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.