Chemistry is intended to provide a more in-depth study of matter and its interactions. In preceding years students should have developed an understanding for the macroscopic properties of substances and been introduced to the microstructure of substances. This chemistry course will expand upon that knowledge, further develop the microstructure of substances and teach the symbolic and mathematical world of formulas, equations, and symbols.
Chemistry should be preceded by an Algebra I course and preceded or accompanied by an Algebra II course.
Internet acces, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experiments
Pacing of the content is set and the course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student may ask for one on one time for tutoring and this time would be documented.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.