Consumer Math is a introduction to the many ways in which math can be used in everyday life. The course gives practical advice o how to handle situations that involve money an math principles. Consumer Math focuses o the basic skills an methods of arithmetic an provides students the opportunity to develop experience with algebraic techniques of evaluating variables and equations, including geometric formulas an interest equations. Students will also be introduced to topics in statistics.
Internet acces, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experimentsComputer, Scratch paper/notebook, calculator.
Pacing of the content is set and the course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student may ask for one on one time for tutoring and this time would be documented.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.