Earth Science is a basic science course intended to further explore the designs and patterns of our planet. This course covers such areas as the origin, history, and structure of the earth. It also covers forces that cause change on the earth and features of the earth including the crust, water, atmosphere, weather, and climate. Earth science wraps up with astronomy and a study of all the planets, the solar system, and galaxies. The course strives to teach that each feature of the earth interacts with the others in many critical ways, and the study of these relationships is important to humanity.
Internet acces, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experiments
Pacing of the content is set and the course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student may ask for one on one time for tutoring and this time would be documented.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.