English and Language Arts
Natrona County School District #1
Natrona Virtual Learning
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Desire to Learn
Hathaway Success Course: No
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Jan 21, 2019 - Jun 06, 2019
Available for Purchase:
This semester 2 tablet-ready course equips students with the essential language arts skills needed throughout their academic careers. Students read and analyze a variety of informational and fictional texts. Instruction and reading strategies accompany reading selections to help engage students in the text and sharpening their comprehension. Students express their ideas and knowledge using standard (formal) English in written and oral assignments. Writing expressive, analytical, and procedural compositions helps students develop communication skills necessary in today's world.
ENG06A Grade 6 Language Arts
Computer/Language Kit Provided/Notebook/pencil
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 30-100 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Mandatory synchronous session weekly with optional second session.