English and Language Arts
Natrona County School District #1
Natrona Virtual Learning
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Hathaway Success Course: No
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Sep 04, 2018 - Jan 18, 2019
Available for Purchase:
English III is a survey of American Literature and literary culture from its inception through the twentieth century. Students will explore the major literary forms, themes, authors, and periods of American Literature. They will understand how this literature represents the experiences of people native to America, those who immigrated to America, and those who were brought to America against their will.
Internet acces, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experimentsComputer
Pacing of the content is set and the course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student may ask for one on one time for tutoring and this time would be documented.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.