Personal Financial Literacy and Civic Responsibility is a full credit Web based course designed to teach high school students the concept and principles involved in civic duty as a member of a community, career and employment preparation, consumer skills, education on credit and taxes, budgeting, banking, saving, investing, stocks, and obtaining insurance.
Internet acces, Computer, paper, pencil, household items for experimentsComputer, paper/notebook, phone, printer, calculator.
Pacing of the content is set and the course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student may ask for one on one time for tutoring and this time would be documented.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly.