Social Studies and History
Natrona County School District #1
Natrona Virtual Learning
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
K12 Proprietary Platform Online School (OLS)
Hathaway Success Course: No
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Sep 04, 2018 - Jun 06, 2019
Available for Purchase:
This beginning course teaches the basics of world geography through a storybook tour of the seven continents, an provides an introduction to American history an civics through a series of biographies of famous Americans. Supplementary lessons introduce students to symbols that represent American freedom; the laws, rights, and responsibilities of citizens; the cultures and traditions of the United States; and basic economic concepts.
Computer/History Kit Provided/Notebook/pencil
Teachers will set a pacing guide for students to follow and student will accesses courses by logging into the LMS with a personal pin. Student may access the content 24 hours an day, 7 days a week.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Student Learning Coach will take daily attendance. The log time worked off or online daily.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 40-170 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Mandatory